Content marketing is an essential part of running a business these days. Much like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has been critical to a company's marketing success in recent years, having an attention-grabbing content marketing scheme is the best way to pull in potential customers today. At the core of content marketing is social media, and how your company uses it to spread the word. From her full post at business2community.com, here is an excerpt of what Angela Hausman considers the secrets to her content marketing strategy:
- Discipline – I set aside time every day to write and I’ve done it for YEARS. A college professor said you throw away the first 10,000 words you write. So, getting past the first 10,000 words quickly means you’ll create salvageable writing faster.
- Read voraciously – I read a lot of content written by leaders in related topics (and curate the best to my social networks). When I sit down to craft a post, I already know which topics are trending, have resources to add value to my posts, and know what I can add to the conversation.
- Organization – maintain a content marketing calendar outlining post topics, resources needed, keywords, and due dates. This means you’re not staring at a blank computer screen hoping for inspiration to meet your blogging needs.
- Knowing your target audience and how to reach them — what are their problems, preferred social networks, and how to reach them.
- Understanding the dynamics of individual social networks to optimize returns.
Be sure to read the entirety of Angela's article to take advantage of her expertise!