At MBS, we know a thing or two about books and the Olympics. For years back in the '80s and '90s, we even hosted our own Book Olympics.
Our warehouse was much different and less high-tech back then, so we celebrated with annual games based around the physical labors our employees endured to get orders packaged and shipped to our partner stores. It's been several years since competitors filled our warehouse to compete in the book-to-bin toss or the order-dolly relay, but bookstore employees nationwide achieve Olympian feats every day.
It may not always feel like smooth sailing, but hey, neither have the actual Olympics. So in honor of the international sporting event that always seems to endure through trials and tribulations, let's take a moment to celebrate all of the ways you provide gold-medal service to your customers throughout the year:
1. Keep your store stocked with Synchronized Shelving
2. Give your keyboard a workout while running reports in Business Intelligence Badminton
3. Strengthen your staff with Teambuilding Taekwondo
4. Haul in cartons from the warehouse during Book Box Weightlifting
And last but not least,
5. Grow your regular customer base by keeping them happy for the long run with the Customer Service Decathlon
So there you have it. You and your staff are all-stars representing your store and campus in a grueling display of endurance, speed and prowess this rush season. And remember, even when the only thing longer than the line at the checkout counter is your to-do list, at least you're having a good hair day.