Reaching students can be difficult sometimes. They have reputations for having short attention spans, and are always on the go. Therefore, it's critical that you appeal to them in ways that will be able to see and easily understand. In order to help you do that, we've found some tips from business2community.com that we hope you will find helpful. We've posted an excerpt below, but we hope that you will read John Hayes' full article, which you can find here.
Rules shouldn’t restrict your social media activities.They should empower your team to deliver more positive results through creative strategies while ensuring everyone stays on-brand.
Here are 12 rules I try to adhere to when working on social media.
- Be Human: Even if you are representing a big brand, people like to do business with people they like, so show your face and don’t hide behind a corporate logo.
- Be Useful: The best marketing solves problems for your clients and prospective clients so always try and plan your activities around your clients’ needs.
- Be Responsive: Listen out for conversations and when you hear something relevant, never be afraid to join in.
- Be Timely: Conversations work best in real time so don’t leave your social media followers waiting for a reply.
- Be Engaging: Social media is more than just a broadcast channel, so plan for engagement. Ask questions, share ideas and encourage debate. Don’t preach or talk down to people.
- Be Honest: Own up to your mistakes and put them right.
- Be Polite: Thank people for their comments or input and share their insight with your wider community.