Now is a busy time of year for college stores with graduation and buyback — and doing inventory is looming around the corner. It’s easy for things to fall through the cracks. Does your store have a plan for how it will handle textbook inventory that it won’t use again soon? If not, now is the perfect time to speak with your MBS representative.
There are great avenues to sell your excess textbook inventory to MBS.
Ask for a special inventory quote
Your representative can help you with a special inventory quote. That is simply a quote for your unwanted textbook inventory.
Excess textbook inventory decreases in value as time goes by. We help reduce those losses through special inventory quotes. Through us, you can get money for overstock, books from student buyback, deadstock titles, etc.
How to get started
- Contact your MBS representative to let them know you want to do a special inventory quote.
- Send a spreadsheet of any inventory you want to sell to your representative. Please include:
- MBS will provide your store with a quote for each title and even pay for shipping.
Get a rental quote
Submit your store’s rental list, and we will provide a quote that guarantees the minimum amount your store will receive back at the end of the term when you send your rental books to us.
The inventory you send back doesn’t have to be purchased through MBS, there are no quantity limits, no contracts and best of all, you will receive a check within 30 days of the books being checked in.
How does the MBS Rental Rebate Program work?
The process is extremely simple.
- As adoptions come in, create a list of potential rentals (i.e. all the titles you might later choose to offer as rentals)
- Submit your potential rental list to MBS
- Update your quote with additional titles as more adoptions come in
- MBS will send back your guaranteed rebate amounts for each qualifying title
- Make an informed decision
Your store decides which titles to offer in your rental program and sets the price. Getting a quote does not commit your store to sell any specific titles or amounts to MBS.
Make sure you have a plan for your excess textbook inventory. Contact your MBS representative today to get started.